You will probably be aware that the 2018 Scottish Drug-Related Deaths (DRD) figures are due to be published soon and are widely expected to exceed 1,000 deaths per year for the first time. Also Scottish Government have appointed Prof. Catriona Matheson as Chair of the new Drugs Death Taskforce. The issue of DRD and the Scottish response will rightly be the focus on on-going attention and we are keen to shed some light on what will be a heated debate.
The Drugs Research Network for Scotland is mapping DRD-related research and audit work across Scotland. Our aims are to:
- Describe the DRD evidence landscape including project timescales,
- Conduct a gap-analysis to identify priorities for further work,
- Engage with colleagues across Scotland to develop a collaborative programme of evidence generation and knowledge exchange activities to inform the national response.
To have your work included in the mapping, please email email@example.com by 26th July with the following info for each project:
- Project title
- The name, job title, organisation & email of the lead person
- Start and end dates
- Summary A brief outline of the work, 1 paragraph ~500 words.
- Optional Feel free to include an abstract, links to a web page describing the project etc. if available.
We are taking an inclusive approach and are keen to include Masters and PhD student research projects; peer, academic and Scottish Govt research; practitioner audits; pilot project evaluations etc. We also respect commercially-sensitive information, e.g. if you have a bid in development / under consideration; if this applies, please still respond and indicate if your project is to be kept confidential.
Please share this info with colleagues working on DRD and thanks in advance for your contributions.